Clinical Eye Trials & Ophthalmology Research
Current Clinical Trials
General Study Guidelines:
- Most studies require the participant to be 18+ years old
- Cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Willing and able to complete all study visits
- Reasonable travel expenses for some studies/visits may be approved
- Complete visit schedules (including dates and times) are provided upon successful entry into any study
- Visits can be rescheduled as required
Blepharitis is an eyelid inflammatory condition that may be caused by bacteria, overactivity of glands, gland dysfunction, or a combination of these.
Symptoms include burning, crusting, tearing, irritation, itching, redness, and the sensation of a foreign object in the eye.
- Have a clinical diagnosis of active, symptomatic blepharitis in at least one eye.
- Have Intraocular pressure (IOP) >8mmHg and ≤22mmHg
- Willing to use non-prescription lid scrubs throughout the duration of the study
Length of Trial: 5 visits over 6 weeks
Study Stipend: $30 per visit to reimburse travel expenses (equals $150 upon successful completion of all visits)
Patients must have inflammation and pain associated with cataract surgery
- Subjects who are candidates for routine, uncomplicated unilateral cataract surgery
Length of Trial: 6 visits over 1 month
Study Stipend: $450.00 (upon successful completion of all visits)
Patients must have a diagnosis of Type I or Type II diabetes. Any type of retinopathy is preferred, but not required.
- Diagnosis of Type I or Type II Diabetes
Length of Trial: 1 visit, 3 photographic images collected
Study Stipend: $75 gift card
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is defined as having a refractive error of worse than 0.50 diopters (-0.50 D).
Myopia is among the 5 conditions that have been identified as immediate priorities by the World Health Organization in its Global Initiative for the Elimination of Avoidable Blindness.
- 3-14 years of age (at the time of screening)
- Subject (or parent/guardian) has demonstrated ability to administer eyedrops
- Myopia of 0.5 D to 6.00 D
- Astigmatism ≤1.50 D
- Anisometropia ≤1.00 D
Length of Trial: 11 visits over 4 years
Study Stipend: Up to $1152.00 (upon successful completion of all study visits and questionnaires)
- Reimbursements for new glasses/contact prescription changes may be provided (once per year).
Neovascular age-related macular degeneration is a medical condition which may result in blurred or no vision in the center of the visual field. Over time, however, some people experience a gradual worsening of vision that may affect one or both eyes.
- Males and females 50 years of age and older
- Diagnosis in the 12 weeks to 18 months prior to screening; treated with at least prior IVT injections of an anti-VEGF agent (aflibercept, bevacizumab, or
- Additional criteria to be evaluated by Investigator.
Length of Trial: 15 visits over 13 months
Study Stipend: $125.00/visit for a total payment of up to $1,875.00 upon completion of all study visits.
Glaucoma is a collection of disorders characterized by a gradual loss of vision with several recognized risk factors, including increased intraocular pressure (IOP).
- Have open angle glaucoma, or ocular hypertension in both eyes and likely to be controlled on monotherapy.
- Unmedicated intraocular pressure (IOP) ≥ 22 mmHg and ≤ 34 mmHg in at least one eye
Length of Trial: 5 visits over 3 months
Study Stipend: $500.00 (upon successful completion of all visits)
Uveitis is inflammation of the middle layer of the eye. It is sometimes caused by an eye injury or sometimes a disease elsewhere in the body.
- Must have active moderate to severe Uveitis.
- Additional criteria to be evaluated by an Investigator at Screening.
Length of Trial: 13 visits over 1 year
Contact one of our team members below or use the link to book an appointment
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
At Bergstrom Eye and Laser Clinic, our goal is to provide the highest quality of care in a compassionate and ethical manner. We believe that vision is one of our most precious gifts.